Do you want to discover a cure for a disease, conduct research, or test theories? Rosemont's POWER of small will help you pursue those dreams. Join Rosemont professors and students in the Natural Science programs in conducting hands-on undergraduate research, publishing your results, and presenting at national and local scientific meetings.
We are proud of the fact that for three consecutive years, our students have earned first prize at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium for Biological and Chemical Sciences. It's just one of the reasons why 95% of our qualified students who applied to medical or osteopathic school were accepted.
Science Majors and Minors
Rosemont offers majors in Biology and Chemistry. There are three tracks to choose from within the Biology major. Both majors may be combined with a Teaching Certification 7-12 through Rosemont's Department of Education.
- Biology - Biology Track (major and minor)
- Biology - Environmental Science Track (major and minor)
- Biology - Pre-Health Track (major)
- Chemistry (major and minor)
- Biochemistry (minor)
Qualifying students have the opportunity to enter advanced degree programs in fields that include medicine, pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy, optometry, audiology, and more. For complete details about admissions, read about Rosemont's academic partnerships in the health sciences.
- 4+1 Nursing Program: Earn two degrees in five years, a BA in Biology from Rosemont College and a BSN through Drexel University's Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) Program. Rosemont is the program's only partner college in Pennsylvania.
- 4+4 Doctor of Osteopathy: Earn a BA in Biology from Rosemont College and a DO from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Salus University: Apply for a Master’s or Doctoral Degree from Salus University upon completion of a
bachelor’s degree from Rosemont. Choose from options in occupational therapy, audiology, optometry, vision rehabilitation,
orientation and mobility, and a physician assistant program.
Research and Internship Opportunities
Our professors give students individual attention both inside and outside the classroom. Together, they conduct hands-on undergraduate research. One opportunity to learn about environmental science in a hands-on way is through our reknown and grant-funded Coral Reef Project., and other projects.
Individual Attention and Small Classes
Rosemont's science faculty places emphasis on scientific writing and oral presentation skills, and they coordinate a variety of internship opportunities and career workshops. All our science majors and minors include a robust laboratory component in which you'll learn the latest technologies and methodologies.
Rosemont's Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program is designed to prepare students to enter graduate or professional school programs in the health care fields. The program serves students who already have a bachelor's degree, both career changers and those who want to enhance their academic records before applying to professional or medical school.