Post-Bacc Medical Program
Rosemont College’s Post Baccalaureate pre-medical program is designed to prepare students to enter graduate or professional school programs in the health care fields. This program serves two groups of students: career changers and/or record enhancers.
- Rosemont College provides small class sizes and individual attention by experienced professors in each of the subject areas.
- Students in the Post Baccalaureate Pre-medical program receive one-on-one advising throughout the program of study to assist you with course selection and professional school applications.
- Students who successfully complete the program will receive a letter of recommendation to include in their application to professional and /or graduate school.
- Students have the opportunity to do research with Rosemont College faculty or faculty at an affiliated institution.
- Students may also do volunteer work with local medical facilities.
- Rosemont College also offers a one credit MCAT Review course to all students.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit Rosemont's Free Online Application.
- Official transcripts from previously attended institution(s) – Completed bachelors required by start of post-bacc
- Minimum 1 letters of recommendation, must be academic (will accept additional letters from other references, not academic)
- 500-Word Statement of Purpose, detailing interest in pursuit of career in health or education professions (depending on post-bacc program)
- Additional requirements as needed for international applicants.
Instructions on how to submit your transcripts, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume can be found on the application link provided above.
Students in the Post-baccalaureate pre-medical program may also take any of the biology, math, or chemistry electives that will enhance their application to professional or graduate school. Recent changes to the MCAT may indicate that there are courses in the social Sciences and humanities that students who have not taken those courses may want to consider taking.
|BIO 0150: General Biology I (Cell Biology)
|General Biology I (Cell Biology)
|Life Science I Laboratory
|Life Science II (Organismal Biology)
|Life Science II Laboratory
|General Chemistry I
|General Chemistry I Laboratory
|General Chemistry II
|General Chemistry II Laboratory
|Organic Chemistry I
|Organic Chemistry I Laboratory
|Organic Chemistry II
|Organic Chemistry II Laboratory
|General Physics I
|Physics I Laboratory
|General Physics II
|Physics II Laboratory
This program is ideal for students who have not yet taken the science courses necessary for graduate or professional school programs in medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, physician assistant or any other professional health program. Students will be able to take the necessary courses to prepare for the entrance examinations and apply to the respective programs.
In order to receive the certificate, students must take a minimum of 28 credits of the course requirements in science and related fields at Rosemont College.
- The time needed to complete the program approximates 20 months.
- Students are encouraged to take their time and move at their own pace so that they can do as well as possible in preparation for the professional examinations.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA for any courses taken at Rosemont College.
- Students should review the specific admissions requirements to the schools they will be applying in order to determine any additional requirements they should take prior to applying to those professional programs.