Closing/Delayed Opening Information
In the event of an official closure of campus or a delay to the opening of campus due to weather, power outage, or other emergency, notice can be obtained from the communication systems listed below:
- The College's main number, 610.527.0200
- e2Campus Text Messaging Alerts
- Raven Safe app
- The College's website
- Social Media
Rosemont College Courses Will be Conducted Online When Campus Is Closed or Delayed in Opening
In the event of a closure or delayed opening of Rosemont’s campus, online and hybrid courses scheduled for a synchronous class session, whether in-person or virtual, will hold that class fully online. Instructors will post assignments and materials in Canvas. For specific details or accommodations, please refer to the course syllabus or contact your instructor for direction.
- 1-Hour Delay: Classes scheduled before 10 am will be held virtually. On campus classes resume at 10 am.
- 2-Hour Delay: Classes scheduled before 11 am will be held virtually. On campus classes resume at 11 am.
- Campus Closed: All courses will be held virtually.
Campus and Office Closures/Delayed Opening
- 1-Hour Delay - All College offices open at 10:00 a.m.
- 2-Hour Delay - All College offices open at 11:00 a.m.
- Campus Closed - All College offices are closed.
Campus Access During Closures
Once campus is closed, all buildings will be closed, but may be accessible by ID card if you have access rights to the building. Unless specified, the following facilities will remain open during any campus closure:
- Community Center
- Residence Halls
The Gertrude Kistler Memorial Library will modify hours when campus is closed. Please check the Library webpage for updated hours.
Updates regarding Athletic Events and cancellations can be found on the Rosemont Ravens’ website as well as on Twitter @RosemontRavens.
Campus Events & Campus Use by Outside Groups
Unless otherwise specified, Campus Events and Activities (e.g., performances, special events, etc.) will operate according to the same delay/cancellation policies for campus. If the College is closed, all rental group activities on campus are cancelled.